Small business owners tend to focus on sales, expenses and profitability however a majority of small business failures are as a result of poor cash flow. Even a profitable business can be brought to its knees without adequate inflow of cash.
Cash flow forecasts will help predict upcoming cash surpluses or shortages and will assist in making important decisions for your business or provide you with an early indication of a need for a finance solution. But they are just the start.
We will work with you to take a number of steps to safeguard your business against a cash flow crisis. Some of the areas we focus on are:
- Sales – There will be no cash flowing into your business without sales. Once you understand the level of sales required to cover the expenses of the business and the minimum reward you expect for your efforts you should turn your focus to a sound marketing plan to ensure your budgets are more than a dream.
- Invoicing – Your invoicing practices and systems can have a profound effect on cash flow. Reviewing your invoicing cycles, ensuring invoices go immediately with the value you have offered (being the day the project is finished or product delivered) at a minimum and not being afraid to ask for a deposit or payment upfront will significantly reduce your cash flow pressures.
- Debtor Management – Regularly reviewing your business’ aged receivables and proactively managing your debtors will ensure money makes its way into your account faster. Implementing a system of regularly staying on top of those that owe you money and making it easy for your customers to pay by offering more payment methods (for example credit card, BPay, direct deposit, PayPal, etc) will ensure cash flows into your business faster.
- Engagement – Effective debtor management starts before you begin working with a client. Your engagement process is crucial in setting the client’s expectations, which, if managed well, will improve your chances of being paid faster.
- Managing Stock – Holding excess inventory is costly and can cripple your business. Careful stock management doesn’t need to be time consuming or costly. There are some very cost effective systems that make managing this important aspect of your business easier.
- Managing Workflow – Boosting turnaround times for projects will not only ensure you are able to invoicing faster but you may find it possible to increase the value of the transaction as the client’s perception of value increases with your faster turnaround of their work.
- Adequate Finance – Securing last minute finance when your need becomes urgent is expensive and challenging. Understanding months out that you are going to have a cash shortage will give plenty of time to make an application to your bank if necessary with plenty of time to get approval and funding in place.
FIXED PRICE PACKAGES STARTING FROM:
*Actual price will depend on your situation, level of transactions, number of employees, reporting, support or meetings required. We will discuss your situation with you and provide a Fixed Price for your affairs. Quoted pricing is based on the average spend by existing customers on the relevant plans. All prices exclude GST.
SWITCHING IS EASY
After we've had a chat and agreed on how RTS Accountants can help you we'll contact your current accountant and ask them to forward your information. It's that simple.